Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014 Week of Traveling

Week  12
All,

     Well, this marks the end of my first rambio (transfer) in the Trujillo Mission. The time in the field definitely passes by a lot faster than it did during my time in the CCM (MTC). This week has involved a lot of traveling which I will describe shortly even as I write this now (Saturday). I am on a bus heading back South from Trujillo. I will admit that it is a little difficult to write on a bouncy bus, but seemed like a good time to write.  Before I get into my travels, I will discuss the progress I have had this week with investigators and less actives. The Z______family will all be attending this Sunday for the 1st time in a while and they plan on continuing their attendance. Our prayers and hard work have paid off.  Also, two other less active single mom families we’ve been working with are also progressing. It has been awesome to see their testimonies grow.  I expect them to be at church this week and continue to return to full activity. Working with less actives is something I find to be rewarding and something that I really enjoy.

     I______, our 13 year old investigator, has continued to progress and has started reading the Book of Mormon. I am sure he will have some challenges, but I think he might just be baptized.  I also started teaching a family this week, S___ and L____, who we’ve been trying to teach for quite some time.  They are very receptive and we will be taking them to church this Sunday.  We also have a couple others we are working with, but we didn’t meet with them much this week as all of our travels left us very little time to work in San Jacinto.

     My travels commenced with our weekly District meeting in Casma. This typically takes up our morning and we usually return by 2:00 PM in San Jacinto.  This week was no different and I always enjoy speaking English with all of the other Americans in my Zone.  It was later that day our District Leader informed us that we were to leave after dinner the next day and head to Trujillo for meeting with all the new missionaries and their trainers. This wasn’t very much notice, but the next day we headed to Chimbote for the night and headed for Trjuillo at 5:00 a.m. the following morning.  The meeting was a lot of fun as I got to hear some remarks from President Marler and I got to see all of my friends from the CCM (MTC). It was awesome to see everyone again and swap stories.  I really had a lot of fun. President Marler’s remarks were also good, and I enjoyed a comment that the missionary purpose to invite others to come unto Christ should be in their hearts rather than just our minds.  I then returned to San Jacinto after a four hour trip.

     On Friday night we headed to Chimbolte again and spent the night. At 5:00 a.m. the next morning we headed to Trujillo along with all the other missionaries.  All 250+ missionaries met in a church in Trujillo and we all got to shake the hand and listen to Elder Neil L. Anderson.  It was a special experience and we heard a lot of things as he spoke to us in his Spanish which had a very strong French influence.  I liked how he said the focus of missionary work isn’t baptizing people, but rather to bring people to the temple.  He also spoke about the importance of the Spirit and I felt the Spirit strongly that he truly is an Apostle.  And now I am writing this as I travel down South.  I probably won’t go back to Trujillo anytime soon, but this week has been fun. I wish you all the best!

Elder Pulsipher
Here below is the page of his mission president's wife blog which has all the pictures and picture descriptions from the visit from Neil L. Anderson to his mission this week. Elder Pulsipher's face is blocked by the person in front of him.
 http://kurtandkathymarler.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-visit-from-elder-neil-l-andersen.html

Monday, August 25, 2014


A Visit From Elder Neil L. Andersen

We had an exceptional Mission Conference on Saturday morning, we had the pleasure of hearing from 
Elder Neil L. Andersen and Sister Andersen


Elder Ulisses Soarez and Sister Soarez
















Elder W. Christopher Waddell and Sister Waddell
We were fed, counseled, edified, challenged, and loved.

After our conference, President and I visited the Trujillo Temple Site with everyone. 
The Temple is beautiful and will be such a wonderful blessing to the people of Trujillo.
As all of our missionaries were together we took this picture…


What a marvelous, exiting day for each of our missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment