Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014 Unusual Week


 

     Another week has come and flown right by and as I am about to explain it will certainly be a week to remember. Many unique things occurred this past week and I am not sure I can mention everything for sake of time, but I will do my best. Elder P____ and I continue to work well together and we really do feel the Spirit’s presence when we teach together. It’s hard to believe that we have already been a companionship for 5 weeks now and that this week will be the last one of this transfer. I could well be leaving San Jacinto in a week, an area that I’ve really come to know and love. Well, I’ll just dive into my week and share a little about it.
     We spent last Monday in San Jacinto as we again will spend each P-day in San Jacinto again. So I got to enjoy the remarkably slow internet here. However, I did get to hear from my brother that he is doing well in his 1st area, Cromwell, CT, with his Brazilian trainer. I also got to play soccer with the young men again.
     On Friday we had our monthly zone conference which was good as we discussed the importance of good planning and how it will lead to more success. We got back to San Jacinto late so we didn’t have much time to proselyte before dinner. But we picked up a tres leches cake before dinner that is absolutely delicious. I don’t really have a good reason for buying it other than maybe trying it out to see if I wanted a similar cake for my birthday in a month. Then we finished the day at the Branch activity where we finished watching “The Croods.” Then afterward a number of members boarded a bus for the semi-annual trip to the Lima temple at 10:00 p.m. (it is a 7 hour drive). They went basically a day and a half without sleep. They sacrificed a lot to go.

     On Saturday I did two other things that I had never done before. First, we spent the morning helping a member start the process of rebuilding her house that got knocked down by the road construction (they won’t do anything). We walked with 3 other people and started removing all the ruble and making a foundation. Then we constructed a door with a temporary front wall. We will continue to help her, and I guess I’ll end up building a house for my first time. Then we finished the necessary steps with one of our less actives, B_____ , to officially reactivate her. My first time officiating re-activating a less-active. It is just important as a baptism so I am very happy.

     Finally, I gave a talk on Sunday about scripture study which went well. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I will also add that on Sunday night that I attended my first funeral for the aunt of the branch president. It was interesting and during the service the President had us sing a hymn then he had my companion or me share a spiritual thought (we didn´t know before hand) and then he repeated this 6 times. It has been an interesting week as you will read.

Chau from San Jacinto and hasta la promixa semana!

Elder Pulsipher

No comments:

Post a Comment