Wednesday, October 14, 2015

September 7, 2015 What a Wonderful 3 Months

    Another 6 weeks have come and gone in the blink of an eye. It feels like time is accelerating faster and faster every month that I’m here in the mission. As you want it to go by even slower because you truly love it more and more, the time just speeds up. The end of this transfer marks the end of my time as Elder Caceres’ trainer and marks 15 months as a full time missionary. It’s been such a privilege to see the blessings the Lord has poured out upon us in these past 3 months, in that he has blessed us with his Spirit and with chosen children of His to help come unto Christ.  There’s a lot of special blessings that the Lord provides during a new missionary’s training that I didn’t fully realize while I was trained, but now that I do realize as I have trained what a miracle it is that young mean and young women come from widely different backgrounds and are able to serve as literal representatives of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He puts a lot of trust in us and pours his spirit to make it all possible. Well, with respect to transfers I don’t know yet what’s going to happen as I’m starting this letter, but I’ll let you all know before I close.
     Last P-day was pretty low-key since I decided to simply clean our apartment and then a hour or 2 of rest. It was exactly what I needed to recharge. I might be happy almost always during this time as a missionary, but I also tire often. My district of missionaries also prepared an appreciation card which meant a lot to me, I have the world’s best district. We also had a great lesson with E__and her son A__.  She has changed so very much since her baptism; she is a lot calmer and is a lot happier. She’s been diligently praying, reading her scriptures, and attending church. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but it really does mean a lot that she’s diligently applying these small, simple patterns that make all the difference. Alma counseled his son that “it is by the small and simple things are great things brought to pass.”
     Jose and Rosa are also doing great.  Yesterday he received the Priesthood which was very special, and I got the opportunity to participate in his ordination.  Jose has changed so much from the man he used to be, he is almost unrecognizable.  Happiness just sort of radiates from him now and it is plain to see how the Spirit is so present in his heart leading it to change mightily. Perhaps the majority of people can’t change themselves, but the Spirit certainly can if they allow him to. It’s hard to explain the immense joy we feel as missionaries when we see this great change in others causing them to have “no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually.” There really aren’t words to illustrate just how it feels witnessing such great changes in the lives of P__ and Y__, E__, and J__ and R__ has been truly gratifying.
     L___ and M__  are also doing great and attended church this past Sunday. They have been absolutely loving church and their kids beg them to go. They are progressing a lot and soon they could well be another family to add to our ever growing ward family. Keep them in your prayers, that God will keep preparing them.
     Also, a miracle occurred this past Sunday. Because of transfers we were in a trio with one of the elders from my district. We visited a long investigator named G___ whose son is a returned missionary. She’s read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and will son finish it for the 2nd time. She is super awesome, but never thought she could be baptized because of several personal problems. However, in a Spirit filled lesson she was able to figure out that she indeed is ready and accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 19th of September!! It was a great tender mercy. The Lord just keeps working miracle after miracle here.
     I just got a call from the new assistant Elder Marshall who used to live here with us- that I will be……….ending my transfer with Elder Caceras and I will be a …………….trainer again. I will be staying here in Casa Grande and I will be training again. It also appears that each area in my district will be training. The district is completely full of trainers and new missionaries. In fact, every single area in our zone will be training except one area! I’ve never hear of that ever happening. It should be very interesting.
     Well, have a great week and watch the blog for pictures!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment